Power News We love to talk!
Green Energy Development Corporation Ltd (GEDCOL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Odisha Hydro Power Corporation (OHPC), has sought approval of the state government for transfer of land for its 20 Mw solar photo voltaic (PV) project.
The solar project is coming up at Rengali near Sambalpur. A total of 148.77 acres of contiguous land has been identified. The land patch belongs to the erstwhile irrigation and power department.
GEDCOL has requested for a transfer in land ownership in favour of GEDCOL before September 25, 2014 failing which performance security of Rs 6 crore will be forfeited.
GEDCOL has planned to go for solar PV generation of 20-40 Mw for which it has already held two rounds of discussions with Gridco, the bulk power purchaser. GEDCOL is also setting up 50 Mw solar power project at Manmunda in Boudh district. Around 250 acres of land will be needed to set up the project. The project will cost Rs 400 crore.
The state government expects to float tenders for new solar power capacity of 48 Mw.
Presently, on-grid solar power projects with a total capacity of 13 Mw are operational in the state. According to Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) fixed for 2013-14 by power regulator Odisa Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC), Gridco has to buy six per cent of its energy from renewable sources out of which 0.20 per cent has to be from solar power.
Gridco has signed power purchase agreements (PPAs) for eight solar photovoltaic (PV) projects of 1 Mw under Roof Top PV and Small Solar Power Generation Programme (RPSSGP) scheme.
- MPERC recommends connection at 11 KV for Solanki Energys 250 KW solar PV power plant at Raisen Read more
- Tata Power loss widens to Rs 67 cr on lower revenue Read more
- GERC Maintains Leniency over RPO Compliance Read more
- India Power hopes to supply power in West Bengals East Midnapore Read more
- 71,672km power cables to be replaced across Bihar in 3 years Read more
- Wind power auction success is bittersweet news for Suzlon, Inox Wind Read more
- GERC upholds EPGLs petition for reviewing the PPA signed with GUVNL Read more
- BHEL bags order to build high voltage sub-stations in Karnataka Read more
- SembCorp, Kepco in talks to buy GMRs Odisha plant Read more
- Azure Power to set up solar projects atop DLF properties Read more