Power News We love to talk!
Indowind Energy, a renewable energy firm focusing on wind power generation, is looking to expand its presence in solar power generation with plans to develop 50-Mw solar power facility in Tamil Nadu and the same capacity in Karnataka.
The company is expected to invest around Rs 350 crore for 50 Mw project, probably in Karnataka first, in the current financial year, said a senior management official.
The company has land bank available to set up 50 Mw solar power plant in Tamil Nadu. It is waiting for clarity on the tariff and developments on the grid connectivity issues, to start working on the project in Tamil Nadu.
Currently, a group company has a 1 MW solar project in Andhra Pradesh, but Indowind Energy is looking at directly entering into the segment in future, said the official. Indowind Energy is into developing wind farms for sale, manages the wind assets, and generates green power for sale to utilities and companies.
Similarly, in Karnataka, it has landbank available to set up 50 Mw solar power plant. The state is slightly better in terms of tariff and other matters, which would help the company to easily start the project there, he said. While it also has landbank to set up 25 Mw capacity, it is reviewing the option in Karnataka, since power generation is higher here. To set up 50 Mw of solar facility, it would require around Rs 350 crore, he said.
The company currently has around 43 Mw capacity in wind power, he said.
- South India will be biggest beneficiary: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Two Indian renewable power producers plan to sell $750 million in domestic bonds: sources Read more
- 'Quantum jump in power consumption in Bihar in past eleven years' Read more
- CERC revises fixed charges for NTPCs 840 MW Dadri TPS Stage-I for 2009-14 Read more
- Finlands Fortum hires Barclays to sell stake in Indian solar assets Read more
- NTPC bets $10 bln on coal power despite surplus, green concerns Read more
- MERC rejects TPRELs plea to extend the applicability of preferential generic tariff for its Palaswadi solar power plant Read more
- Mytrah Energy setting up 100 MW wind farm in TN Read more
- Tata Power Renewable Energy synchronises 15 MW solar plant in Telangana Read more
- Snacks and stocks enter solar bids in Telangana Read more