Power News We love to talk!
Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal today said the government has equal focus on all forms of renewable energy, including solar and wind. "The Union Government has equal focus on various forms of renewable power and does not discriminate between solar, wind or biogas power in terms of providing support to these renewable sources," the minister said.
Government reinstated accelerated depreciation to boost wind power sector in the first budget of the new government so that people can expand and take benefits of the same, he said. The minister was speaking after launching Indian Wind Resource Atlas at 100 metre level here today. Atlas will help policy makers at Centre and State to deal with issues related to tariff fixation, transmission, grade frequency etc and providing better infrastructure for the investors.
He said that he is personally very delighted that the ministry has provided such crucial information in public domain free of cost. He assured that the Ministries of Coal, Power and New and Renewable Energy will keep on providing more and more data in public domain and thus work on bringing transparency in the system. The new Indian Wind Atlas is an important online GIS (Geographic Information System) tool for identification of the regional and local wind energy potential in India.
- Cabinet green signals rescue package for ailing discoms Read more
- Power cuts back in suburbs, Thane, Navi Mumbai Read more
- China power firm seeks to enter power transmission sector Read more
- Union Budget 2015: High profile oil & gas sector gets no mention by FM Jaitley Read more
- Gas allocation to be rejigged; CGD projects to get first priority Read more
- NTPC mandates for first Green corporate Masala bonds Read more
- TN rooftop solar plan gets warm response Read more
- Tuticorin port sets new record in coal handling Read more
- Cabinet to take up tomorrow extension of UDAY scheme Read more
- Clean energy sector misses capacity target for second consecutive year Read more