Power News We love to talk!
Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal today said the government has equal focus on all forms of renewable energy, including solar and wind. "The Union Government has equal focus on various forms of renewable power and does not discriminate between solar, wind or biogas power in terms of providing support to these renewable sources," the minister said.
Government reinstated accelerated depreciation to boost wind power sector in the first budget of the new government so that people can expand and take benefits of the same, he said. The minister was speaking after launching Indian Wind Resource Atlas at 100 metre level here today. Atlas will help policy makers at Centre and State to deal with issues related to tariff fixation, transmission, grade frequency etc and providing better infrastructure for the investors.
He said that he is personally very delighted that the ministry has provided such crucial information in public domain free of cost. He assured that the Ministries of Coal, Power and New and Renewable Energy will keep on providing more and more data in public domain and thus work on bringing transparency in the system. The new Indian Wind Atlas is an important online GIS (Geographic Information System) tool for identification of the regional and local wind energy potential in India.
- KSK Energy commissions 600-MW unit I of Mahanadi project Read more
- Power prices slide to Rs 1 per unit as Coal India steps up supply Read more
- 10 firms to set up solar projects in 6 months Read more
- GST impact on thermal power sector to be marginally positive: ICRA Read more
- Mercom predicts another strong year for solar power globally Read more
- Drug maker hub hit as power gap at six-year high Read more
- GAIL will put RIL interest share in PSB term deposits Read more
- India said to consider ways to lower hydropower tariffs Read more
- Govt says renewable energy capacity grew 26 per ccent in Apr-Jan Read more
- Solar-powered streetlights for BDA project Read more