Power News We love to talk!
Around 2,500 people will be given skill development training in solar energy sector in Karnataka in the next five years, according to an official of Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd (KREDL).
Speaking at a seminar on ‘Renewable energy – Solar rooftop power plants’, jointly organised by the Karnataka chapter of Laghu Udyog Bharathi and Corporation Bank, in Mangaluru on Thursday, Vidya Rani, Assistant General Manager of KREDL, said the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and National Institute of Solar Energy are imparting skill development training under the ‘Surya Mitra’ scheme. The three-month residential programme is offered free of cost.
She said that first batch of such a training programme was started at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Renewable Energy in Bengaluru in the first week of December. Such training programmes will be conducted in four more centres in Karnataka.
With the Centre giving thrust for solar energy in the country, such a training programme will help create entrepreneurs in solar energy sector. Giving details about the generation of solar power from rooftop plants, she said Karnataka is generating around 3.4 MW power from 197 plants.
As of now, applications for generating around 96 megawatt of power through rooftop solar plants are in different stages of process with various electricity supply companies in the state, she said. Karnataka has initiated steps to set up a solar park to generate around 2,000 megawatt of power on an area of around 11,000 acres in Pavagada taluk of Tumakuru district.
She said that there is opportunity for entrepreneurs to set up solar park on 100 acres of land in the state. Such entrepreneurs will be given a subsidy of Rs. 1 crore, she added.
- Voltech, NanoPV venture to build solar module plant near Chennai Read more
- Power staff: TS, AP fail to reach consensus Read more
- India opens market for solar battery makers such as Tesla Read more
- Indo-Oman fund exits Solar Inds; sells shares worth Rs 240 crore Read more
- NTPC venture ties up funds for Meja unit Read more
- Mytrah to be cautious with solar project bids Read more
- Tata Power sets up 10kW turbine Read more
- Power Grid to lay transmission lines for 400 kv in Punjab Read more
- Goyal to open state power ministers' meet on May 3 Read more
- CDPQ sets up office in India: commits $150 million for renewable energy Read more