Power News We love to talk!
NHPC's 160-MW Teesta Low Dam-IV hydroelectric project in West Bengal that is scheduled to be commissioned during the next fiscal is running behind schedule, Parliament was informed today.
"Teesta Low Dam-IV is scheduled to be commissioned during 2016-17... Teesta Low Dam-IV is running behind the schedule on account of... reasons (like) delay in forest clearance... cash crunch of the civil contractor (HCC)," Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal said in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
Other reasons for the project running behind the schedule are agitation by local organisations and flash floods in 2007, 2009 and 2010, the minister said.
"Two Hydro Electric projects (HEPs) viz. Teesta Low Dam-IV (160 mw) and Rammam-III (120 MW) in the state of West Bengal have been accorded Techno Economic Clearance (TEC) by Central Electricity Authority (CEA)," the minister said.
In a separate reply to the house, the minister said CEA in consultation wit the concerned utilities has broadly identified thermal power projects with a total installed capacity of 4,800 MW which could be considered for taking up for renovation and modernisation (R&M) based on viability.
"In additional to the the thermal generating units identified for R&M, a total capacity of 5,860 MW has been identified for retirement.. Some of which could be further considered for replacement with super critical units by concerned utilities," the minister said.
- India's coal production rose 13 per cent over two fiscal years: Piyush Goyal Read more
- ICVL to restart operations at Mozambique mine as coking coal prices rise Read more
- Make power regulator more accountable: AAP Read more
- Southern grid under pressure as AP power staff continue stir Read more
- Over 99% of power generation target achieved in current fiscal so far Read more
- McNally Bharat engineering bags Sagardighi power project order Read more
- Oldest nuclear reactors at Tarapur near Mumbai may be shut down Read more
- JSERC trues up accounts, reviews annual performance and determines ARR and retail tariffs for Tata Steel Read more
- BSES discoms ask DERC for help to secure bank loan Read more
- Three of 4 lignite mining proposals of Gujarat cleared: Centre Read more