Power News We love to talk!
In order to motivate people to install solar panels in their homes, the state government has come up with a scheme of subsidies. People, who will apply for solar panel producing two kilowatt solar energy, will be provided a subsidy of Rs 45,000.
The actual cost of the panel is Rs. 1.5 lakh. Solar panels can save Rs 15,000 to Rs. 17,000 invested on electricity in a year. Experts said that installation of solar panel would not be a costly affair since a household would be able to save the amount invested in around five years. To ease the process of subsidy, the government has authorized some companies to provide the subsided solar panels.
"We will sell the solar panels at subsidized rates. Customers will not have to run to government offices for subsidies. The government will transfer the subsidized amount to us," said Anurag Mundra, joint director, Ujaas Energy Limited. However, experts also said that while the generation of power will be mostly in day time, the use will be mostly at night.
Most of the people will be out for work during day time, then maintaining a storage system will be expensive. Maintenance of battery will increase the initial cost
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- Fund raising may be lower as discoms will pump money raised via Uday bonds: Rajeev Sharma, REC Read more
- Govt may lower tariffs for new hydro-electric power projects Read more
- NTPC to set up solar power plant Read more
- Suzlon Energy gets investors' nod to sell its German arm Senvion Read more
- RInfra evaluating InvIT for Metro, power transmission businesses Read more
- Committed to promote International Solar Alliance, says Goyal Read more
- TNERC rejects JSW Steels petition to reduce load factor Read more
- Odisha, Tamil Nadu UMPPs to be linked to surplus coal policy Read more
- Power shutdown in several East Bengaluru areas Read more