Power News We love to talk!
In a major boost to the implementation of the 4,000-MW NTPC project in Pudimadaka in Andhra Pradesh, the Union Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal has assured fuel linkage from CIL.
This project was earlier proposed to be developed by using imported coal. This announcement comes following a review meeting of various power projects by the Power Minister and the Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, according to a statement.
While reviewing the progress of other projects, the government today said the Mannavaram Power Projects Equipment Manufacturing Plant will not be shifted and efforts made to ensure more business.
Venkaiah Naidu convened a meeting with Goyal and the Minister of Heavy Industries Anant Geete, and officials of NTPC, BHEL and NTPC BHEL Power Projects Ltd (NBPPL), coming up at Mannavaram in AP to review their progress.
A four-member committee chaired by the Chairman and Managing Director of BHEL will explore and recommend measures for ensuring sufficient work orders for the Mannavaram project, including diversification.
Goyal stated this project was poorly conceived and initiated in 2010 without adequate homework. The Coal Ministry has also agreed to positively consider allocation of alternative coal blocks to APGenco in place of Sarpal-Nupara block earlier allocated which is an underground deep mine with high cost of mining.
Tenders will be opened on Thursday for commissioning another 125 MW of solar power generation at the 1,000 MW Kadiri Park in Ananthapur district. Already 250 MW of solar power is being generated here and tenders will soon be floated for the remaining 625 MW.
Regarding dwindling coal stocks of APGenco due to stoppage of supply of coal from Singareni, it was decided that Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will resolve the problem of pending payments and Goyal will seek to resolve the issue.
- Solar installation to top 4.8 GW in 2016: report Read more
- India seeks $2 bn from World Bank, ADB for rooftop solar projects Read more
- No final decision on scrapping SPVs for four UMPPs: Govt Read more
- Pay fixed charges to Ratnagiri Gas and Power: Aptel to MSEDCL Read more
- Coal ministry releases Rs 677 crore as compensation to previous allottees Read more
- Coal dispatch by CIL to power sector dips 13 per cent in August Read more
- Gas yet to fully fire power generation Read more
- BEST may extend Tata Power pact Read more
- CIL Strike Hits 20% of Output, Supply on Day 1 Read more
- Adani Power project to supply electricity to Bangladesh crosses major hurdle Read more