Power News We love to talk!
Marking its foray into wind power generation, state-owned NTPC has partnered with Inox Wind for a 50-MW wind project to be deployed in Gujarat. "Inox Wind Ltd... has bagged an order for a 50-mw wind power project to be deployed in the state of Gujarat from NTPC Ltd," a press release said.
With 47 GW of capacity under operations, NTPC is the country's largest energy conglomerate and this 50 MW maiden order marks its foray into wind energy generation, the statement said.
The project is scheduled to be commissioned by first quarter of 2017-18 and will be executed on a turnkey basis. "As part of the order, Inox Wind will supply and install 25 units of its advanced 2MW DFIG 100 rotor diameter wind turbine generators (WTGs) for NTPC," the release said.
"The 100 rotor diameter WTG has one of the highest swept areas that make it ideally suited to maximise returns, especially in low wind areas," it added. Inox Wind's 450 MW Rojmal site is one of the largest wind farms in Gujarat. The common power evacuation infrastructure facilities at the site have already been commissioned.
"It is a proud moment for Inox Wind to partner with NTPC... to provide clean, sustainable and renewable power to our nation. With this new order, we will further reinforce our dominant market position in Gujarat as the leading wind energy solutions provider," Inox Wind CEO Kailash Tarachandani said in a statement.
- Can't compete with OMCs: RIL dealers Read more
- Indian electrical equipment sector to see Rs 1 lakh crore fresh demand Read more
- Sparks fly over stalled BHEL projects in Tamil Nadu Read more
- SDMC becomes 'first' civic body in country to generate solar energy, selling surplus power Read more
- NTPC-Pudimadaka gives Rs.1.14 cr. under CSR Read more
- ADB’s 5.2% stake in Petronet offered to Qatar Read more
- Discoms keen on shorter power purchase pacts instead of 25-year contracts Read more
- Individuals allowed to set up rooftop solar plants in Haryana Read more
- Suzlon bags 98.7 MW contract from Mytrah Energy Read more
- Amplus to invest Rs 2,200 crore to set up 500 Mw solar capacity in UP Read more