Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- Piyush Goyal snubs Niti Aayogs suggestion to split Coal India Read more
- Revival package for stalled hydropower projects soon: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Power supply to interim Secretariat likely by June 15 Read more
- Vikram Solar commissions 40 MW PV plant in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- International body pats India for its transition to combat climate change Read more
- IREDA raised Rs 700 crore from Green Masala Bond in March Read more
- Renewable Energy Projects are exempted from the payment of Inter-State transmission charges and losses Read more
- Sembcorp starts full operation of its power plant in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Green houses with solar lamps built Read more
- Capital goods' companies eye over Rs 24,000 crore orders from UMPPs Read more