Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- Coal scam: Former Coal Secretary H C Gupta gets bail in another case Read more
- Tariff Order for procurement of power from Bio gas based Power Projects in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Adani Power plans Rs 18,000 crore investment in Karnataka Read more
- AP to evolve hybrid solar, wind power development model Read more
- Coal auction: 134 bids found technically qualified Read more
- A tie-up for clean energy Read more
- Tribunal stays appraisal of Bhadradri thermal power project Read more
- NDA bets big on solar power, to double capacity by 2020 Read more
- BHEL commissions 1,980 Mw super-critical thermal power plant in UP Read more
- Tata Motors wins order for 10,000 electric vehicles from EESL Read more