Coal News We love to talk!
India added 269.64 MW of renewable energy capacity last month taking the total grid connected clean energy capacity to 70,053.81 MW as on April 30, a government report has said.
According to the report by the ministry of new and renewable energy, India added 34,165 MW of wind energy, 21,885.1 MW solar energy including rooftop solar, 4,489.80 MW small hydro (of up to 25 MW) and 8,700.80 MW Biomass (Bagasse) Cogeneration as on April 30.
The nation also witnessed 674.81 MW of Biomass (non-bagasse) Cogeneration)/Captive Power and 138.30 Waste to Power till April 30. India also installed off grid clean energy of 40 MW in April taking the total installed capacity in this segment to 1046.93 MW at April end this year.
Under the grid connected renewable capacity, India did not add any capacity of Waste to Power and Biomass (Bagasse) Cogeneration).
Similarly, under the off grid clean energy capacity, nothing was added in waste to energy and biomass gasifiers segment. However as much as 40 MW of solar photovoltaic (SPV) capacity was added in April this year.
India has set and ambitious target of having 175 GW of renewable energy capacity including 100 GW of solar and 60 GW of wind energy by 2022.
- Policy for surplus coal availability for power plants in the works: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Gujarat to save Rs 350 cr by swapping coal with NTPC Read more
- Mukesh Ambanis Reliance Industries said to mull India power storage with BP Read more
- Restriction on electricity injection blowing wind out of wind projects Read more
- Renewable energy projects of 4,000 MW set up in FY-15 Read more
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises ministry urged to promote use of renewable energy Read more
- Reliance Power denies any financial benefit for surplus coal usage Read more
- NTPC commissions 45 MW of Bhadla solar plant Read more
- NTPC power plant idling away Read more
- Poor infrastructure of BSES responsible for power cuts: Sheila Dikshit Read more