Coal News We love to talk!
As per the information given by the minister of state for coal, Pratik Prakash Bapu Patil in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on
Monday, the coal blocks located in Madhya Pradesh allocated to private companies during the last five years.
They include Mideast Intergrated Steels, Birla Corporation, Kamal Sponge Steel & Power, Revati Cement, Jindal Steel & Power and
Monnet Ispat & Energy.
He said that the government of Madhya Pradesh had recommended 14 companies for seven coal blocks located in the state during the said
period. Out of the seven coal blocks, three coal blocks were not allocated due to court cases and exhaustion of reserves. Out of the
14 companies recommended by the state government, two companies were allocated coal blocks.
He said that as reported by central bureau of investigation (CBI), it has registered 3 preliminary enquiries regarding alleged
irregularities in allocation of coal blocks-the first one relating to allocation of coal blocks made to private companies during the
period 2006-09, the second one relating to allocation of coal blocks to private companies during the period 1993-2004 and the third
one relating to allocation of coal blocks to government companies.
In the cases related to allocations of coal blocks made to private companies during 2006-09, 10 FIRs have been lodged by CBI so far,
including one of the coal block allocated in Madhya Pradesh.
- Power utilities can save up to Rs 20,000 crore through improved scheduling: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Gujarat Alkalies may supply chlorine for oil PSUs Ratnagiri project Read more
- Can a hydropower revival package solve NHPCs problems? Read more
- 'Safeguard duty on imported solar panels to put at risk projects worth Rs. 12,000 cr' Read more
- Nalco pulls out of JV with NPCIL for nuclear power plant in Gujarat Read more
- Probe ordered into grid failure Read more
- Solar mission: Govt to turn 20,000 jobless graduates into entrepreneurs Read more
- Scindia: Sign long-term pacts for cheaper power Read more
- EESL to distribute 3 lakh energy efficient fans and 25 lkah LED tube lights in Odisha Read more
- Reliance Infrastructure bags Rs 567 crore NTPC order In Haryana Read more