Coal News We love to talk!
As per the information given by the minister of state for coal, Pratik Prakash Bapu Patil in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on
Monday, the coal blocks located in Madhya Pradesh allocated to private companies during the last five years.
They include Mideast Intergrated Steels, Birla Corporation, Kamal Sponge Steel & Power, Revati Cement, Jindal Steel & Power and
Monnet Ispat & Energy.
He said that the government of Madhya Pradesh had recommended 14 companies for seven coal blocks located in the state during the said
period. Out of the seven coal blocks, three coal blocks were not allocated due to court cases and exhaustion of reserves. Out of the
14 companies recommended by the state government, two companies were allocated coal blocks.
He said that as reported by central bureau of investigation (CBI), it has registered 3 preliminary enquiries regarding alleged
irregularities in allocation of coal blocks-the first one relating to allocation of coal blocks made to private companies during the
period 2006-09, the second one relating to allocation of coal blocks to private companies during the period 1993-2004 and the third
one relating to allocation of coal blocks to government companies.
In the cases related to allocations of coal blocks made to private companies during 2006-09, 10 FIRs have been lodged by CBI so far,
including one of the coal block allocated in Madhya Pradesh.
- Like China, India must try distributed generation of power' Read more
- Energy storage sector kicked-up about renewables, micro-grid opportunities Read more
- NHPC looks to provide consultancy services Read more
- India to overtake China as largest oil demand growth centre by 2024: Wood Mac Read more
- State power distribution cos stare at steep losses; may be forced to buy power from short-term markets Read more
- Land acquisition woes may stall nuclear power blitz Read more
- NHPC offer for sale gets good response from LIC, DIIs Read more
- Fall in price of natural gas makes CNG vehicles more attractive Read more
- NTPC plans to commission 4,000 MW unit in Telangana Read more
- Adani asked to prove Carmichael coal mine jobs promises in Aus Read more