Coal News We love to talk!
As per the information given by the minister of state for coal, Pratik Prakash Bapu Patil in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on
Monday, the coal blocks located in Madhya Pradesh allocated to private companies during the last five years.
They include Mideast Intergrated Steels, Birla Corporation, Kamal Sponge Steel & Power, Revati Cement, Jindal Steel & Power and
Monnet Ispat & Energy.
He said that the government of Madhya Pradesh had recommended 14 companies for seven coal blocks located in the state during the said
period. Out of the seven coal blocks, three coal blocks were not allocated due to court cases and exhaustion of reserves. Out of the
14 companies recommended by the state government, two companies were allocated coal blocks.
He said that as reported by central bureau of investigation (CBI), it has registered 3 preliminary enquiries regarding alleged
irregularities in allocation of coal blocks-the first one relating to allocation of coal blocks made to private companies during the
period 2006-09, the second one relating to allocation of coal blocks to private companies during the period 1993-2004 and the third
one relating to allocation of coal blocks to government companies.
In the cases related to allocations of coal blocks made to private companies during 2006-09, 10 FIRs have been lodged by CBI so far,
including one of the coal block allocated in Madhya Pradesh.
- New land act may impact cost of renewable energy projects: Government Read more
- Andhra now second state to achieve 100% electrification Read more
- How state electricity boards are holding Indian Railways to ransom Read more
- Coal prices jump, pushing German curve to new 2016 high Read more
- GAIL sells 2 mn tonnes US LNG abroad Read more
- Udangudi power plant work to start soon Read more
- Coal India refuses supply to new power plants Read more
- TN ends wind season evacuating 1,477 million units more in 2017 Read more
- Global solar sector sees corporate funding worth $26.5 billion in 2014 Read more
- Big Data analytics can help in reducing power shortage in India Read more